It’s warming up in most places around the country and while I love the weather, I’m dreading swimsuit season! With the right planning and prep, we don’t have to dread short-shirts, swimming suits and fun summer dresses though! Over the next few weeks I’ll be focusing on healthier lifestyle pieces – like meal prep/planning, exercise, and other fun things to keep us healthy and well-balanced naturally!
First – let’s start with 5 Healthy Freezer Meals for your Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker! Prep these meals in just an hour or so and then dinners (and lunch if you like leftovers) is set for the week!
A few rules of thumb:
– Run the freezer bag under warm water right before you want to cook it. This will allow the ingredients to easily be transferred to the slow cooker.
– If you love meal prep and plan to make freezer meals often, invest in a Food Saver! Not only will this ensure your meals are completely sealed and safe, this also allows you to buy ingredients in bulk when they are on sale, and safely freeze them without the fear of freezer burn. (Hello steak sale week!)
– Label all freezer bags BEFORE you prep anything. Include meal name, cooking and serving instructions and the date of prep.
– Typically, I add liquid ingredients – like water or broth – the day I’m cooking them. This makes storage easier in the freezer bags. However, you can add and freeze the liquid in your recipes if you prefer. Just make sure you carefully fold the freezer bag and lie flat when storing in your freezer. (If you’ve ever stored something that froze after parts of the bag were through the metal shelves, you know what I mean!)
– Have fun! Get a friend involved and each prep two of 5 different recipes, then swap. Now you have 10 freezer recipes and it didn’t take much more work.
—> Click on each title to get the recipes for these 5 Healthy Slow Cooker Freezer Meals:
- Black Bean Turkey Chili
- Cran-Orange Porkloin
- Healthier Chicken Curry
- Tequila-Lime Chicken
- Beef & Veggie Citrus Stir-Fry
What are your favorite FREEZER MEALS? I’d love to hear what you’re making in your kitchen!
xoxo – Jenn