Does Dad love major league baseball? Spring for some tickets to his favorite team and present them in style with this easy craft. Many MLB teams have ticket deals for the whole family – like the Arizona Diamondbacks, who have game ticket + meal options for less than $20 or even “all-you-can-eat” tickets! Want to splurge? If Dad’s been extra good this year, spring for this MLB-inspired polo shirt from Tommy Bahama and he can go to the game in style!
My husband’s a big Diamondbacks fan, so I know he’ll enjoy this fun Baseball DIY Father’s Day Gift.
- Ball brand Mason Jar
- White Chalk Paint
- Red Paint
- Red Tissue Paper
- Sunflower Seeds
- Tickets to your favorite MLB team
- Paint the mason jar with white chalk paint. Allow to dry completely
- Using red paint, carefully draw a circle on each side of the jar
- Draw small dashes around the circle on each side to represent the stitching of a baseball
- Finally, using a very fine paintbrush and red paint, outline the word “Ball” on the jar and right above that paint the word PLAY. (If you aren’t comfortable free-handing it, lightly draw with pencil first.)
- Allow jar to dry completely.
- Stuff jar with tissue paper and baseball tickets to Dad’s favorite team. Enjoy a great game with the family!
Note: If Dad is more of a football fan, you could follow these same steps and make a “football” jar. Just use brown chalk paint instead of white!