Yay – football is back! Not only do I LOVE watching football, I love the excuse it gives me to theme-out a party. This appetizer for BBQ X’s & O’s (Smokies & Meatballs) is one right out of my game day playbook – pun intended! 🙂
- 2 packages of Little Smokies or other brand mini hotdogs (Safeway has nitrate-free smokies!)
- 2 dozen of your favorite meatballs (frozen)
- 1& 1/2 c. BBQ Sauce
- 1/4 c. Teriyaki Sauce
- 1/4 c. Soy Sauce
- 1/2 Small White Onion, minced
- 1 T. Dijon Mustard
- 1 T. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Minced Garlic
- 1 tsp. Salt
- Add all ingredients to a 4-Quart Slow cooker.
- Stir well. Cover and cook on LOW for 2 Hours, or until heated through.
- Serve from the slow cooker on WARM setting, or plate in a cute X & O arrangement – just like the plays the football coaches draw up!
For more slow cooker recipes, visit my website GetCrocked.com
xo – Jenn