Caramel Apples are the perfect Fall treat and they are so easy to make at home using a slow cooker! Check out the recipe I made on my ABC segment “Mom Monday”
I like using a slow cooker because it keeps the caramel at the perfect temperature without burning. Plus when you’re finished making the caramel apples, turn the slow cooker to “Warm” and use the caramel as a dessert dip!
Get this and other slow cooker recipes on my website, GetCrocked.com.
- Granny Smith Apples
- 2 Packages of Caramels (I used Kraft brand)
- 2 T. – 1/4 c. Water (start with 2 T. and add more if you need it)
- Wax Paper
- Non-Stick Spray
- Craft Sticks
- Unwrap caramels and place in a slow cooker.
- Add water.
- Cover and cook on LOW for about an hour, or until caramel is melted and smooth when you stir it.
- Wash & dry apples
- Remove stem from apple and place a craft stick through the top.
- Carefully dip and swirl apple in the caramel.
- Remove from caramel and turn apple, upside down, to cool the caramel.
- Place on wax paper that have been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Let harden/dry completely before eating or bagging for gifts.
Optional: sprinkle peanuts, pecans, chocolate chips or other candy pieces on caramel apple before the caramel sets.