I love breakfast! The problem is, I usually don’t have time to eat it. I mean, between getting my daughter ready for school, changing & feeding the baby and getting myself at least semi-presentable to participate in the neighborhood carpool, it’s tough to find time to eat in the morning!
I’ve started making grab & go breakfasts for the coming week on Sundays. That way I don’t have to think about it during the busy weekday mornings and I’ve got an easy, healthy breakfast option available. My trainer told me that skipping breakfast leads to late-night snacking (and I may have had a late-night snack or two in my life!) So one of my goals this year is to eat breakfast every day.
These Make-Ahead Ham & Cheese Egg Cups are super easy to make plus you can add any veggies you’d like. I usually just add whatever is in my frig but my favorites are bell peppers and green onions. Also, you can add one cup of any cooked meat to this recipe so save those last few bites of steak you had for dinner or use up that last bit of holiday ham and throw it in this recipe!
Make-Ahead Ham & Cheese Egg Cups (makes 12)
- 8 eggs
- 1/2 c. Milk
- 2 tsp. Dried Parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Diced veggies of your choice (I like bell peppers and green onions)
- 1/2 c. Sharp Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- 1 c. Diced Meat of your choice (I like ham or Canadian bacon)
- Grease a muffin pan (I use the silicon one and it works great)
- Place equal amounts of diced meat and veggies in each muffin
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine eggs, salt & pepper, parsley and milk.
- Pour egg mixture in each muffin, covering veggies & meat.
- Top each muffin with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until set.
- Let muffins cool slightly then gently use a knife to circle around the outside of muffin to release from pan.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate leftovers for up to 5 days.TIP: On a busy morning, grab 2 egg cups and heat for 15-30 seconds in the microwave then easily eat on the go!
What are your favorite egg toppings? I’d love to know and try out your favorite combos!
xo – Jenn