Here is the recipe for BONE BROTH that I shared on ABC today! Bone broth is said to have cleansing powers. It helps your joints and cleans your gut – and that’s why it’s part of the 21-Day Detox Cleanse that I recently started with Dr. Esti Bakty at Temple 29 on Camelback.
What you need:
- 6-7 Quart Crock-Pot® Slow Cooker
- 2 lbs. of Organic Beef Bones (Whole Foods sells them packaged in their freezer section)
- 1 Organic Onion, peeled and quartered
- 3 Stalks of Organic Celery, washed and chopped
- 3 Organic Carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 Bulb of Organic Garlic, peeled
- A Few Sprigs of Organic Thyme
- Place beef bones in the slow cooker
- Cover bones with water (a few inches above the bones)
- Place lid on slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 8 hours or overnight.
- Every once in a while scoop off the foam, and bits that rise to the top of the water, and discard.
- You can reduce temperature to LOW and simmer broth for up to 48 hours. About 6 hours before you want the broth to be finished, add vegetables and herbs then continue cooking.
- When finished cooking, strain broth and cool slightly before refrigerating. Store in glass jars, if possible.
- Heat the amount of broth you want to consume on the stove top (do not microwave!)
- You can skim off any fat from the top of the broth before heating, if desired.