This week I’m featuring recipes to make with all that leftover Thanksgiving food! Leftover turkey? You’ve got to make this delicious Turkey Pot Pie!
- 2-3 c. Leftover Turkey, shredded
- 1 Onion
- 2 Cups of Vegetables (Carrots, Peas, Corn, Celery, Green Beans)
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2.5 c. Chicken Broth
- 1/2 c. Half & Half
- 2 T. Sherry Vinegar (optional)
- 3 T. Flour
- 1 T. Poultry Seasoning
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 2 tsp. Dried Parsley
- 3 T. Butter
- 2 tsp. Minced Garlic
- Puff Pastry OR Filo
- Grease a Crock-Pot Casserole Crock.
- Scatter chopped vegetables across the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Season with salt & pepper, and parsley.
- Scatter turkey over vegetables. Set aside.
- Make a Roux: Melt butter and garlic in a pan over medium heat.
- Once butter starts to bubble, add in flour and whisk constantly, until the flour mixture turns brown.(2 minutes0
- Continue whisking, and stir in broth, half & half and sherry.
- Add poultry seasoning and continue whisking until sauce starts to thicken.
- Pour sauce over ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 6 hours.
- Once slow cooker is done, pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Roll out puff pastry to desired size and carefully place over pot pot ingredients in slow cooker. Slice three lines in to allow steam to vent.
- Bake in prepared oven for 30 minutes or until pot pie is bubbling at the sides and puff is browned.
- Serve immediately.
I hope you enjoy this delicious dish! Remember, you can use whatever ingredients you have left on-hand. Throw them all in there if you want! 🙂
PS: For more slow cooker recipes, visit my website, GetCrocked.com!