4th of July is right around the corner! If you’re looking for the perfect party appetizer to bring to that holiday gathering look no further. Everyone loves these Red, White & Bleu Chicken Meatballs. They bring the classic buffalo wing flavor to the perfect party snack – meatballs. They are fun & delicious! This recipe is easily doubled or tripled. Enjoy!
- 1 lb. Ground Chicken
- ½ c. Bleu Cheese Crumbles
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- 6 T. Italian Salad Dressing, divided
- 1/3 c. + 3 T. Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 c. Italian Breadcrumbs
- Mix 3 T. Italian dressing and 1/3 c. hot sauce together in a small bowl.
- Combine all remaining ingredients except bleu cheese in a medium sized bowl.
- Pour hot sauce mixture over ingredients in large bowl. Mix well with your hands (you may want to wear gloves!) to incorporate all ingredients.
- For this recipe, we’ll make golf ball sized meatballs with bleu cheese inside. Grab a bit of meat, slightly indent with your thumb and place a few bleu cheese crumbles inside. Form meatball around the cheese with firm pressure so that the cheese doesn’t ooze out during cooking.
- Continue making meatballs – about 24 in all. And place in a 6-Quart slow cooker.
- Combine remaining 3T. of Italian dressing and 3 T. hot sauce and drizzle over meatballs in the slow cooker.
- Cover and Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
- Serve with bleu cheese or ranch dressing, carrots and celery.
Find this and tons of other slow cooking recipes on my website GetCrocked.com!
How are you celebrating the 4th?