I am obsessed with guacamole! Anytime I eat at a restaurant that serves table side guacamole (when they make it right in front of you) you can bet I am going to order it! It is actually very easy to make and I’ve got a great recipe for you. The key to great guac is fresh ingredients. Make it right before your guests arrive and I promise there won’t be a drop left!
- 2 Avocados (the skin should be dark in color to indicate ripeness)
- 1 Lime
- 1/2 Tomato, diced
- 1/4 Red Onion, diced
- 2 T. Chopped Cilantro
- 1/4 tsp. White Pepper
- 1 tsp. Garlic Salt
- Cut avocados in half and remove pit.
- Score the flesh and scoop out with a spoon. Note: Easy directions with pictures HERE.
- Place avocado flesh in a shallow bowl.
- Add cilantro and red onion.
- Sprinkle in garlic salt and white pepper.
- Using a fork, lightly mash the ingredients together. You can leave it as chunky as you want – totally up to personal preference here!
- Squeeze half a lime over guacamole and stir. (Taste and add additional lime and seasonings if desired.)
- Place tomatoes on top or mix in guacamole right before serving.
- Serve with your favorite tortilla chips.