You know I love EASY and this homemade Overnight Pasta Salad doesn’t get much easier. Even a cooking novice can make it! There is a little prep with vegetable chopping but very little cooking. PLUS the best part is, you can make it the night before that family gathering you’re going to and forget about cooking in the morning!
- 12 oz. box of tri-colored corkscrew pasta
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1/2 green pepper, diced
- 1/4 c. grated parmesan cheese
- 3 oz. sliced olives
- 4 oz. provolone cheese, cubed (I get at deli and ask them to slice it thick)
- 1 c. chopped cucumber (peel off or on – you decide!)
- 1 tomato, seeded & diced
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 T. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 c. Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. red wine vinegar
- 1 packet, Italian salad dressing mix
- 3 T. ranch salad dressing mix (I like Hidden Valley)
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- While pasta is cooking, prep and combine the rest of the salad ingredients.
- When pasta is finished, drain and rinse under cold water.
- In a small container with a lid, combine dressing ingredients. Shake well.
- Pour dressing over cooked pasta and salad ingredients.
- Stir well to combine. Add more oil and/or vinegar to your liking.
- Place in a sealed container and refrigerate overnight. Stir before serving and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
Optional: Can also add bite size pieces of salami.