It doesn’t have to be Cinco De Mayo for you to enjoy these “Macho Margaritas.” These margaritas are restaurant quality and you can easily make them at home. My husband nicknamed my margaritas “Macho Margaritas” because this recipe is not for the feint of heart. They pack a punch and are so flavorful, your guests will be coming back for more! 🙂
- 1/2 c. Margarita Mix (I prefer this Tres Agave Organic Margarita Mix)
- 2 oz. Blanco Tequila (I like Cabo Wabo)
- 1 oz. Triple Sec
- 2 oz. Fresh Lime Juice
- 2 oz. Orange Juice
- Rimming Salt, if desired
- Cocktail Shaker
- Add ice to a cocktail shaker
- Pour 1/2 c. Margarita Mix over ice
- Add liquor: 2 oz. of tequila and 1 oz. of triple sec
- Add juices: 2 oz. of lime juice and 2 oz. of orange juice to the shaker
- Cover with lid and shake to combine well and get a nice froth
- Serve in salt-rimmed margarita glasses and garnish with lime.
– Yields one 10 oz. margarita
Note: I also serve these frozen using a Margaritaville® Bali™ Frozen Concoction Maker® with Self Dispenser (it’s always the hit of the party!) To convert this recipe for a frozen margarita, increase measurements for tequila, lime juice and orange juice to 3 oz. each.