Need a simple recipe that will make you look like a rockstar at the class Easter party? Look no further! These semi-homemade Rice Krispies® Carrots look adorable, taste great and they are really easy to make!
- Rice Krispies® Treats (I used store-bought but you could make your own)
- Orange melting chocolate (like Wilton’s)
- Parchment paper
- Edible Easter grass
- Food handling gloves
- Unwrap all of the Rice Krispies® treats
- Cut the treats in half lengthwise and then diagonally (Each treat will make 4 “carrots.” The carrots will look small but they are rich, so it’s the perfect size!)
- Poke a toothpick in each carrot shaped treat and place on a tray lined with parchment paper.
- Once all treats are cut, place in the freezer for a few minutes while you prepare the chocolate.
- Place the melting chocolate in a glass bowl and heat in 30-second intervals at 50% power. Stir after every 30 second. (Note: do NOT overheat)
- Once chocolate is to the correct consistency, remove treats from freezer.
- Dip each treat in the chocolate to completely cover. Place back on the parchment paper.
- Once treats are dipped, place in the refrigerator for 15 minutes or until you are ready for the next step.
- Remove treats from refrigerator and put on food handling gloves.
- Carefully remove the toothpick from each treat. When you remove the toothpicks, circle them around to make the hole in the end of the treat a bit bigger.
- Insert three 1.5-inch pieces of edible Easter grass into the hole left by the toothpick.
- Display on a cute tray or wrap individually in small cellophane bags. (and look like a rockstar at your Easter party!) 😉
xo – Jenn