My family loves granola! We eat it for breakfast with almond milk and make “Breakfast Martinis” (yogurt, granola and fruit layered in a martini glass) often. Last year I wrote about granola as a Homemade Holiday Gift on my recipe website GetCrocked.com and I’m happy to share that post with you here!
My daughter and I make homemade granola to give as gifts. This way we don’t have to leave anyone out or break the bank when buying presents. My daughter helps me make the granola and she learns about the spirit of giving as well. While we make the granola we talk about all the special people in our lives and how they help us every day…. the mail carrier, the crossing guard at school (who often gets overlooked around the holidays!), teachers and administration at school, Daisy Scout leader, coaches, etc. The point being, it helps us reflect on all the love we have in our lives.
I’m passing along this new family tradition to you. I hope you enjoy making and giving this granola too. Below you will find the easy recipe as well as a free printable (4×6) recipe card to give along with your granola gifts.
Slow Cooker Granola:
- Assemble all dry ingredients, and add to a 4 quart or larger crock.
- Melt butter in microwave or on stovetop and stir in honey until well combined.
- Pour honey-butter over oat mixture in crock.
- Toss to coat well.
- Cover but keep lid cracked to allow steam to escape.
- Crock on HIGH 2 hours, stirring often. (it can burn if you don’t stir enough)
- Keep an eye on the granola to make sure it is not burning!
- Spread granola out on cookie sheets to cool then store in an air-tight container.
- Makes about 7 cups of granola. (21 – 1/3 cup servings)
Printable Recipe Card (made on liagriffith.com): RIGHT-CLICK then save image to your computer to print.