“I’m Bored!” Is summer boredom kicking in at your house? If so, grab your kids and head to the kitchen to make one (or more!) of these easy recipes. Best part? No need to heat up the house with the oven. These are all no-bake or made right in your slow cooker!
Are desserts your thing? Maybe the kids want to help prepare dinner so you can play a game with them instead of cooking tonight? Either way, I’ve got you covered!
–> Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Chocolate Bars
- 1.5 c. Crushed Graham Crackers
- 3.5 c. Powdered Sugar
- 1.5 c. Peanut Butter
- 1 c. (2 sticks) Butter, melted
- 1 pkg. Milk Chocolate Chips, melted
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a stand mixer, combine graham crackers, powdered sugar and peanut butter on low setting.
- Keep stand mixer on low and gradually add melted butter to ingredients. This is the “dough.”
- Empty bowl onto parchment paper. Smooth and press dough down with a spatula.
- Place chocolate chips in a glass bowl and melt in the microwave at 50% heat for 2 minutes; STIRRING EVERY 15 seconds. (do not burn/overcook.)
- Pour melted chocolate over peanut butter mix on cookie sheet.
- Smooth chocolate with a spatula, and if desired, create a swirly design on top. (This is my daughter Bali’s added step! This was her favorite step – other than taste testing. : ) )
- Let sit on countertop for 15 minutes to cool. Score or Cut into 2-inch squares using a pizza cutter – but keep on cookie sheet!
- Place scored squares on cookie sheet in teh refrigerator to allow to cool and harden completely.
- One the squares have firmed up, you can remove them from the cookie sheet and serve.
- Store in an airtight container.
Some of my other favorite easy recipes:
- My DECADENT SLOW COOKER BROWNIES have a secret ingredient – REAL chocolate! (Not the powdered cocoa many brownie recipes call for – REAL Chocolate!) They are an oogy-gooy fudgey mess and thats okay because they are delicious!
- No Bake Banana Cheesecake from A Night Owl Blog, one of may favorite crafty/DIY/food blogs. (Fun Fact: The founder of A Night Owl Blog, Kimberly, and I went to grad school at ASU together!)
- I grew up on these Chocolate Oatmeal refrigerator Cookies – they are seriously delicious and so easy! Store in airtight containers on wax paper for best results.
- Layered Steak, Potato and Corn on the Cob is a great way to make a complete meal in the slow cooker! Let the kids help you layer ingredients and choose seasonings. Just turn on the slow cooker, go about your day and enjoy a hearty home cooked dinner at night.
- Not many desserts are easier to make then this Slow Cooker DUMP CAKE. There are just THREE ingredients. Yummy!
What are your favorite easy recipes to make with kids in the kitchen?