I love popcorn. In fact, I rarely ever go to the movies without ordering it. I also love cookies – especially Oreos cookies. There’s something magical – a reminiscence of my childhood – that happens when I bite into one. I also love the combo of salty and sweet so naturally I love popcorn and Oreos together! 😉
Lately I’ve seen so many different flavored popcorns at Costco and my supermarket that I thought there has to be a way to make this at home. So, after a bit of experimenting, here is my recipe for Cookies & Cream Popcorn. (You could, of course, sub out a different cookie type -but why would you want to? 🙂 )
- 16 oz. Vanilla CandiQuik
- 13 c. Popcorn (I like Skinny Pop)
- 1 pkg. Oreo Cookies, broken into pieces
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat CandyQuik according to directions.
- Meanwhile, place popcorn and cookie pieces in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour melted CandyQuik over top popcorn/candy and stir well to combine.
- Spread popcorn out on the cookie sheet and place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes to cool.
- Once cooled, break popcorn into bite-sized pieces and place in an airtight container.
- If desired, melted 1/2 c. chocolate chips and drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn before serving. (It will taste great either way, the drizzled chocolate will just make it look even more delicious.)
What’s your favorite cookie? I’d love to hear what sweet treat you incorporate into this recipe!
xo – Jenn