My daughter loves the movie Despicable Me 2 (it’s really cute!) and quite frankly, I’m glad that she’s interested in something other than fairytales, finding Prince Charming and being a princess!
This year, I’ve made her this adorable Despicable Me themed Easter basket. I can hardly wait until Easter morning to see her reaction!
- Basket (forget the Easter aisle, get a basket you’ll actually use around the house. They are usually even less expensive and way more practical!)
- Easter Grass (I used Yellow and Blue grass from Target)
- Minion-themed items (I bought a stuffed Minion and travel cups from Anna’s Linens)
- Yellow & blue items – ideas: Peeps, Play-Doh, lollypops
- Chocolate Bunny (I think it’s a must in any basket!)
- Despicable Me DVD
- Other candy or non-candy items your child would like.
- Plastic Eggs (Yellow and Blue)
- Adhesive Googly Eyes
- Place Easter grass in basket. (pull apart to fluff)
- Arrange items around basket.
- Make the Minion plastic eggs:
- Take apart the yellow and blue eggs, and match with each other (yellow top with blue bottom and blue top with yellow bottom.)
- Adhere googly eyes to the yellow side of the egg (be sure to make some with only one eye like Steve, Carl and Stuart!)
- Using a Sharpie or other black permanent marker, trace around the googly eye(s) and draw a line to each side and connect in back. (to create the “glasses”)
- Draw a smile and if desired, a few strands of hair on top.
- Fill egg with goodies for your little one (Find my non-candy ideas here.)
Are you making a themed basket for your child this year? I’d love to see and hear all about it! Comment below or Instagram it and tag with @jennbare #themedeasterbasket