Cake Pops are a favorite treat around here and they are so easy to make! Because they are so easy, it’s a great one to do with the kiddos, too!
What you need:
- 1 cake (any flavor) baked
- Frosting, about 1 cup (if using store bought, about 1/2 a container)
- Lolly sticks
- Cookie scooper or cake pop press
- Orange candy melts / wafers
- Crock-Pot® Lunch Crock Food Warmer, or other warming device to melt candies
- Crumble cake in a large bowl (can use a stand mixer too)
- Add a bit of frosting and mix. It’s best to use your hands (wash them first!) so you can get the true texture – you don’t want it too moist.
- Add more frosting, a bit at a time, until desired texture is reached.
- Refrigerate “dough” to harden (or stick in the freezer for 15 minutes if pressed for time.)
- Melt candy wafers according to directions.
- When dough is chilled, use a cookie scoop to scoop dough and form a ball shape with your hands.
- Dip lolly stick into the melted candies and stick in the cake pop.
- Place cake pops on a cookie sheet and refrigerate to firm up again.
- Once cake pops are completely chilled (again, can use the freezer) then dip them, one at a time, in the melted candy. Add sprinkles, if desired, right away.
- If you want to decorate like a pumpkin use a black frosting pen.
- Place dipped cake pops in a piece of styrofoam. You can also use a box – just make sure it’s weighted down. Put slits in the box then place cake pop sticks in the box so the cake pops can dry sitting upright.
Have you make Cake Pops before? Please share a pic with me – tag @JennBare on Instagram!