Do you love Bacon? Do you love Meatballs? Then you will LOVE this recipe for Bacon Meatball Bombs! My daughter and I came up with this name because they are seriously THE BOMB! Serve them at your next get together and you will be the hit of the party!
Note: Even without the bacon, these meatballs are seriously delicious. The Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning I used is a great blend of garlic, cheese and Italian seasonings that add so much flavor. The Italian seasonings mean these meatballs are great in pasta sauce too!
Bacon Meatball Bombs
1 lb. Ground Beef
½ lb. Sweet Italian Sausage
1 onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2/3 c. Parmesan Cheese, Grated
¼ c. Parsley, Chopped
1 c. Bread Crumbs
Water, as needed
¼ c. Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning
- Sauté onions with salt & pepper in coconut oil or another high-heat oil
- Add garlic and cook until onions are translucent. (Be careful not to burn the garlic.)
- Combine ground beef, sausage, eggs, Johnny’s Garlic Spread & Seasoning, Parmesan cheese, parsley and bread crumbs in a large bowl.
- Mix well.
- Add precooked onion and garlic and more salt & pepper. Mix again. (Careful, it might be hot!) Add more water if mixture is too dry.
- Use a cookie baller to make consistent sized meatballs
- Place meatballs on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 17 minutes or just until brown.
- Let meatballs cool slightly before proceeding with next step.
- Wrap each meatball with ½ piece of uncooked bacon and secure with a toothpick.
- Grill over medium-high heat for about 20 minutes or until bacon is cooked to your liking, turning every few minutes.
- Serve hot with a side of BBQ sauce for dipping.
NOTE: You can make the meatballs ahead of time (to step 9) and freeze. I always have some of these delicious meatballs in my freezer to add to pasta or for appetizer recipes like this one! You can even slice and add to homemade pizza. If you’re starting with these meatballs frozen, simply thaw overnight in the frig then proceed with step 10; wrapping with bacon.
These sound delicious! Where can I find the Johnny’s Garlic Bread and seasoning? Or is there something else that I can use that is similar?
Hi Denise! You should be able to find the Johnny’s Garlic Spread at Costco or online here. Thanks! – Jenn